Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement") governs our relationship with users and others who interact with EnglishGathering. By using or accessing EnglishGathering, you agree to this Statement.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
- You own all of the content and information you post on EnglishGathering, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings.
- In addition: For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with EnglishGathering ("IP License").
- This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer.
- However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information without using the "Keep Details Private" setting, it means that everyone, including people off of EnglishGathering, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about EnglishGathering, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep EnglishGathering safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on EnglishGathering.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access EnglishGathering, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on EnglishGathering.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on EnglishGathering without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion, and will follow our Sponsors Guidelines and all applicable laws.
- You will not use EnglishGathering to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of EnglishGathering, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
4. Registration and Account Security
EnglishGathering users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on EnglishGathering, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use EnglishGathering if you are under 13.
- You will not use EnglishGathering if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
- We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on EnglishGathering that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on EnglishGathering if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- We reserve the right to remove your content if we believe that it may be infringing someone else's copyright.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including EnglishGathering and the EnglishGathering Logos), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on EnglishGathering.
- You will not send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
- If you make a payment on EnglishGathering or use EnglishGathering Credits, you agree to our Payments Terms.
7. About Advertisements on EnglishGathering
Our goal is to deliver ads that are not only valuable to advertisers, but also valuable to you. In order to do that, you agree to the following:
- You can use your privacy settings to limit how your name and profile picture may be associated with commercial or sponsored content served by us.
- You give us permission to use your name and profile picture in connection with that content, subject to the limits you place.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this Statement.
- If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of EnglishGathering to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or EnglishGathering exclusively in a Circuit Court located in the
- The laws of the
United Kingdom will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the
United Kingdom for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on EnglishGathering, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- WE TRY TO KEEP EnglishGathering UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING EnglishGathering "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT EnglishGathering WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. EnglishGathering IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR EnglishGathering, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR EnglishGathering WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, EnglishGathering's LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users outside the
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the
- By "EnglishGathering" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at
and any other EnglishGathering branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions and mobile versions); and (b) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "us," "we" and "our" we mean Gathering the
Anglo-Saxon Diaspora Limited T/A The English Gathering.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on EnglishGathering that would not be included in the definition of "information."
- By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from EnglishGathering or provide to EnglishGathering.
- By "post" we mean post on EnglishGathering or otherwise make available to us.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "active registered user" we mean a user who has logged into EnglishGathering at least once in the previous 30 days.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that receives data.
13. Data Protection
English Gathering is obliged to conform to
English Data Protection legislation, in order to ensure
the safe and authorized use of personal data, and in
becoming a user of this service you acknowledge that
obligation and undertake to be bound by any requirements
under this legislation imposed on the Company and to
indemnify the Company against any loss arising as a
result of any failing on your part to comply with these
14. Defamation Act 2009
Information gathered on
this site pertaining to individuals is screened as to
its accuracy and content to ensure compliance with the
laws of this jurisdiction. However, such personal
information is received in good faith and English
Gatherings Limited can accept no liability for false or
inaccurate information causing harm or damage to others
and the Company will not be held liable for any breach
under the Defamation Act 2009 that may arise from the
use of this site or be held responsible as a facilitator
of such a breach.
This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding EnglishGathering, and supersedes any prior agreements.
If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.